











So as most things this summer went, Saturday, (July 31st) the day of our reception in Abingdon we were told we were not allowed to use tables from the church and it rained ALL day (literally). These were minor set backs that my experienced mama took care of with ease. We rented tables and a huge white tent to cover our newly renovated deck. Kurt and I drove from D.C. to Abingdon that day and didn't arrive to my house until much later then had been expected, so there was some stress, but all the most important things worked out. We had beautiful pictures, despite being unable to pose in the yard or outside, and had a house full of our family and wonderful friends. We had a line for the first hour or then my sisters sang "For Good" from Wicked, which was so sweet and I loved it!!! But it made me cry a bit. Then Kurt and I ate for a few minutes while Katie played the piano for us, and I believe everyone else decorated our car. Following our brief break, we cut our beautiful cake. Later on we had a few toasts from the girls and myself (I dedicated my bouquet to my mom/hero). Then we had our dance! It was such a party!!!
Yay!!! I love your blog...its so cute. Youre going to have to blog with me now! read all of my awesome stories too!!
ReplyDelete