Sunday, October 24, 2010

Trip across the Country: Part II

And his response, "Cool, huh?". This is why I love Kurt. I will never, ever have a dull moment in my life!
One night while we were staying at Grandma & Grandpa Peterson's I was in the bathroom getting ready for bed when I heard this horribly bizarre sound coming from the bedroom. I went rushing in thinking that some terrible thing was happening to my husband and I found this scene...
This is us dying on Grandma & Grandpa Peterson's lawn. We had finally made it!!! After almost 32 hours of driving, with only a 2 hour break in San Antonio, gas breaks, and an hour and a half of sleeping in the car at a random CVS parking lot, we had made if from Louisiana to Orem, Utah!
This was just a quick stop on the final stretch. We stopped for a quick break and picture at Arches.
This is the product of Kurt's ingenuity. We did not have access to a printer to print off the directions from San Antonio to Orem, but we just saved them on Kurt's computer, unfortunately the computer died in the middle of New Mexico and we didn't know where to go. Then in the middle of talking to Grandma & Grandpa Peterson our cell phones died. So naturally the only option was to find a gas station and check to see if they had outlets on the outside of the building. He is one smart man!
This was just a little switching break. I was so exhausted from driving, even though Kurt drove most of the time, he was taking a little nap, but then I couldn't drive anymore and there was no where to turn off, but we found a little alcove off of the highway to switch drivers, and wake ourselves up.

This is pure exhaustion. We were so tired by this point, but we just wanted to get to Grandma & Grandpa Peterson's.
This is about how we felt that next morning as we were driving through New Mexico. There wasn't a whole lot to keep us awake, that's for sure.
The dreary road of Texas, during the middle of the night, that both looked and felt like it was never going to end!

No comments:

Post a Comment